Rental Application Form Free Blank Pdf Template Download
When it comes to approving a rental application, a thorough verification and vetting process is necessary to consider all the information provided on the form.
What should be included in a Rental Application?
All prospective tenants need to complete a rental application form. The landlords, property owners and managers, and real estate agents check the income and credit report, but finding the right tenant requires a more detailed and thorough application analysis. The document should include:
- Personal Information – Name, date of birth, social security number, and current contact details including phone number and email address.
- Employment Information – Provide work history.
- Rental History – Add previous addresses.
- References – List the references that the Landlord or Property owner can contact.
- Financial Information – Provide summary of finances.
- Proof of Identification – Copy of government-issued ID.
- Other Occupants – Any additional occupants
- Pets – List any pets as the Landlord or owner may require a pet security deposit.
- Vehicles – List Tenant(s) motor vehicles as there might be a parking fee deposit.
The rental property address must be included in a rental application.
Association of Realtors Rental Agreement Form
Download Pdf form
Rental Application FAQ
Question: How do you know if your rental application is approved?
Answer: The Landlord will let you know if you have been approved or declined as soon as the application is processed which typically takes around five (5) days. If the application is approved, the Landlord will provide the next steps going forward.
Question: What happens after a rental application is approved?
Answer: Contact Landlord to set up a meeting, know your rights (local Landlord-Tenant laws), fill-in lease agreement form, gather information for security deposits (if there are any), and complete the addition steps provided by the property owner or Lanlord.
Question: How do I put SSI as employer on rental application?
Answer: “Source of income” refers to income that is legal and can be verified. It can be paid directly to a tenant or their representative, or it can be paid to the property owner or the Landlord of the tenant. This includes public assistance from federal, state, or local government agencies.