Maryland Residential Lease Agreement Form Dislosures
- Agent/Landlord Identification – The landlord’s name, address, number, and authorized agent must be disclosed in agreement or on a posted sign.
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure – If the residence was built before 1978, the landlord must disclose form with the tenant.
- Security Deposit Receipt – The landlord must provide the tenant with a receipt for their security deposit. The receipt must also disclose certain rights of the tenant and landlord.
- Move-in/out Checklist – The deposit receipt must disclose the tenant’s right to have the unit inspected by the landlord at the beginning and the end of their tenancy to create a list of known damages to the unit.
- Habitability – The agreement must state that the property will be in a condition that permits habitation and list the Tenant’s responsibilities as to heat, electricity, gas, water, and repairs.
- Ratio Utility Billing System Disclosure Form – If a landlord uses a ratio utility billing system, they must give a written statement that lists the relevant utilities and the average monthly bill for all units.
Landlords can request security deposits, parking space deposit, and pet deposits.