Make money in real estate by becoming a Real Estate Agent! Our up to date guide will help you navigate through this new journey!
How to become a Real Estate Agent? (8 Steps)
- Research local state’s requirements: Real estate licensing requirements vary from state to state, so the first step is to familiarize yourself with the information on your state’s real estate commission website.
- Pre-licensing education: Most states require new real estate agents to complete a hefty number of hours of pre-licensing education from an approved real estate school or institution.
- Pass real estate sales agent exam: Once you’re done pre-licensing education, you’ll need to pass the real estate licensing exam administered by your state. The exam covers real estate laws, contracts, financing, and ethics.
- Find a sponsoring broker: In most states, newly licensed real estate agents must work under the supervision of a licensed real estate broker. You’ll need to find a brokerage to affiliate with. Research different brokerages in your area and consider factors such as commission splits, training and mentorship programs, and company culture.
- License application: Submit your license application to your state’s real estate commission. This application will typically include proof of your pre-licensing education, exam results, and sponsorship by a broker.
- Post-licensing education (if required): Some states require newly licensed real estate agents to complete a certain number of hours of post-licensing education within a specified timeframe after obtaining their license.
- Launch your real estate career: Networking, marketing yourself online and offline, and leveraging your brokerage’s resources and support to kickstart your career.
- Continuing education: Even after becoming licensed, real estate agents are often required to complete continuing education courses to renew their licenses periodically. Stay updated on changes in real estate laws, regulations, and best practices to maintain your license.
Top Residential and Commercial Real Estate Companies
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- CBRE Group
- Berkshire Hathaway (HomeServices)
- Realogy Holdings
- Keller Williams
- Marcus and Millichap
- Colliers International
- Century 21
- Weichert Realty
Source: International Brand Equity
5 Stars | 3 Ratings